Sunday, September 2, 2012

Top dog

Word is out that Kooper's North in Lutherville is open. Three days after its grand opening Aug. 28, my husband, parents and I enjoyed drinks during happy hour and a meal together there.

I've been to Kooper's Tavern in Fells Point once or twice before and liked it, but I enjoyed the restaurant's new venue equally as much.

I enjoyed my burger - basic and juicy - but I'm looking forward to going back for weekend brunch: "City Paper's Best Brunch" - omelets, French toast, Belgian waffles, $12 bottomless bloodies and mimosas.

Each restaurant that has come before Kooper's North has been great - Cafe Isis, Sabor (sad to see it go) - but they haven't survived. Just days after opening, the bar was packed at 5 p.m. and the wait was already two hours. I think Kooper's North is going to do just fine.

This neighborhood joint surely will be a place where everyone knows your name.