Sunday, September 23, 2012

Leek, kale and corn flatbread

Saturday night I made the Leek, chard and corn flatbread from Smitten Kitchen, my favorite foodie website! Super easy and delicious.

I substituted kale for the chard, which was delicious. This was my second time eating kale and I loved it. A lot like spinach, but perhaps even better.
I used dough from Trader Joe's (next time I'll give making my own another go) for this recipe, which turned out great! I used 2 pounds of frozen leeks, which turned out to be a bit much. I had a bunch leftover and consequently don't want to look at another leek for a while!

The flatbreads were awesome - a nice early fall dish, heavy on the veggies. But, not to forget the goat cheese, one of my favorite things in the world. It goes with everything!

I forgot to take a picture, but both flatbreads look exactly as they do on Smitten Kitchen, which means I must have been successful!

The flatbreads were perfect for dinner last night because my husband and I ran the Race For Our Kids 10K (6.2 miles) Sunday morning, so we wanted to enjoy some carbs in preparation for the race. We did fairly well, so this must have been the right recipe!

Next time I want to make a flatbread I'm planning to make one with pumpkin and gorgonzola! Two of my favorite flavors - together. Can't go wrong (hopefully)!