Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A corner delight

Tonight a friend and I checked out The Corner Bistro & Wine Bar in Ridgely's Delight (213 Penn Street Baltimore). As I walked up to the restaurant I was instantly struck by its curb appeal, which draws you in to the warm and cozy restaurant - especially on a chilly January night!

We followed The Baltimore Sun's recommendation and both had The Philly, their take on the Philly cheese steak sub, which was delicious. I don't think that I've ever eaten a cheese steak sub before, so I didn't have much to compare it to. I would order it again. Although, you have to be pretty hungry to eat the entire sandwich.

We were there between 5 and 7 p.m., so we each had a glass of wine at the happy hour price ($5). I enjoyed Los Ailos Syrah/Malbec, Argentina 2010, which was smooth and robust. I've found Malbec's to be a good - and safe - choice when choosing a a wine and I wasn't disappointed.
The restaurant - tucked into the neighborhood - is a corner delight. There's nothing to be disappointed about there!