Thursday, January 19, 2012

Calling all chicken salad lovers

Some meals are better and more exciting than others and not every meal is going to make you go "wow." I love a good chicken salad sandwich and am always looking to try one somewhere new and find one that makes me say "wow."

Last month I thought that I found the ultimate chicken salad sandwich at Atwater's at Kennilworth Mall (see my Dec. 8 post). I may have spoken too soon.
Yesterday I had the chicken salad sandwich at Sascha's in Mt. Vernon and it stole the show. The mutigrain bread was soft, fresh and nutty and mounded on top was an extremely generous portion of the chicken salad - with nuts and halved grapes - with a few pieces of lettuce for extra crunch and color. There was more mayo mixed in with the chicken salad than I would have preferred, but it didn't weigh the sandwich down, surprisingly.

Maybe it was becuase I was absolutely starving, but the sandwich was perfect. Sascha's also has a curry chicken salad sandwich which I will have to try the next time.
My fiance and I then split a large chocolate cookie with nuts, which completed the meal and kept me full and satisfied all afternoon.

If you love a good chicken salad sandwich, give it a try - you will not be disappointed.