Sunday, March 11, 2012

A delightful foodie weekend

Life has gotten in the way of blogging. Oops!
James and I enjoyed a foodie weekend - dinner last night at Blue Hill Tavern and brunch today at Woodberry Kitchen - I have got to remember to take pictures!

I enjoyed the Proscuitto Herb Crusted Cod (roasted tomato, olive salad, crispy polenta) for dinner and the chef's special - a mouth watering carrot cake - for dessert.
The fish was soft yet firm and the polenta was fantastic - the fish was positioned on top of the polenta.
A glass of Malbec was a nice complement the meal.
Every meal that I've ever had at Blue Hill has been out of this world (the atmosphere is fun, funky yet romantic and intimate). We had excellent service, too.

We also had an outstanding meal at Woodberry Kitchen, per usual. I enjoyed the breakfast burger (homemade English muffin, fried egg, cheese, bacon, burger, potatoes). The flavors were separate yet complimentary. Fantastic.
We also had excellent service with a pleasant and perky waitress.

Next time I have to remember to take pictures...