Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cold drinks on a summer night

James and I enjoyed drinks at three different hot spots in and around Fells Point last night: RyeBond Street Social and Fleet Street Kitchen. This was our first visit to Rye and Fleet Street Kitchen.

I don't usually imbibe in cocktails, but I thought I'd give one a try at Rye. James' drink is on the left, mine on the right. A long slice of cucumber is in my drink (I love cucumbers, though that isn't why I ordered the cocktail).


















At $10 a piece, they certainly weren't cheap and are on par with other establishments, but not something we typically order when we go out. Both were unique, delicious and Rye's bartenders clearly know what they're doing.
Rye's atmosphere is also notable. The bar isn't big - read cozy - and fills up quickly.

Next was Bond Street Social. We both had my favorite beer (and I'm not a big beer drinker) - a cold glass of Allagash White. This beer (from Portland, Maine) is refreshing, light and has citrus notes, all of which make it perfect.

Our last stop was Fleet Street Kitchen. The atmosphere was a strange mix of modern and medieval. The atmosphere seemed to be competing with itself. The bar itself is sleek - made of marble with a soft light glowing underneath it.
I had a glass of sauvignon blanc and James enjoyed a Saison from Stillwater, a local beer (from Westminster). Like Allagash White, the Saison was also light and easy to drink. This beer is definitely worth another try.